BS Electrical Engineering
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT USA
The Montana State University Electrical Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
ECE Department Mission Statement
The mission of the Montana State University Electrical and Computer Engineering Department is to provide an excellent, diverse, and inclusive environment for the scholarly pursuits of education, discovery, and dissemination in electrical and computer engineering in support of Montana State University and the State of Montana.
EE Program Objectives --
In their first few years on the job, graduates of the EE program:
- Pursue a professional career based on an education in the fundamentals of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Engage in post-graduate education programs
- Provide a positive impact to the engineering community and to the community at large
EE Student Outcomes --
Student outcomes describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the knowledge, skills, and behaviors that students acquire as they progress through the program.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Annual Student Enrollment and Graduation Data --
|CpE degrees awarded||6||8||7||9||5||11||12||12||17||21||24||21|
|EE degrees awarded||23||28||19||25||25||41||33||38||38||58||50||46|