Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
The active research groups of the Montana State University Electrical and Computer Engineering Department will offer approximately 10–12 REU positions for Summer 2023. The REU program will run from May 30–August 4, 2023.
|Preliminary Project List||Application Portal|
- Participants must be full-time undergraduates, typically finishing their freshman, sophomore or junior years. Applicants from underrepresented groups are particularly welcome and encouraged to apply. Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents.
- The REU program is intended to provide an introductory research experience to undergraduate students considering graduate education and a career in research. Applicants should address how this experience might facilitate their pursuit of these goals in their application.
- Travel costs to/from Bozeman, $1,000 for meals, and residence hall lodging will be provided. REU students will also receive a $6,000 stipend.
- While we hope to provide an in-person REU experience for participants, due to the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic, modifications to the program (including possible cancellation) may be necessary. Updated plans and information will be communicated as it becomes available.
- To apply, please use the NSF Education and Training Application portal (https://www.nsfetap.org). Our program is listed as "Observing Our World with Light and Sound (Montana State ECE)." Application deadline is February 15, 2023. (Note: application opens January 2, 2023)
Questions? Please contact Prof. Kevin Repasky (firstname.lastname@example.org).